Media agency Universal McCann (UM) were declared ‘Agency of the Year’ at this year’s Malaysian Media Awards – for the fifth time consecutively!
This record-breaking achievement by UM sets a new benchmark in the Malaysian media industry; UM succeeded in accumulating a total of 26 points for its wins across 6 different brand clients, making it the widest range of client-wins under a single agency.
Eleven UM clients were shortlisted; the agency took home a total of five Gold, three Silver and four Bronze, securing 10 out of the 12 media categories that were awarded. UM held the highest number of shortlisted works – 27 in total.
UM also shared in the triumph of their clients’; Dutch Lady, for winning the ‘Advertiser of the Year’ award.
“Winning Agency of the Year for the fifth time in a row and across the widest swathe of clients shows a reliable consistency of our innovative culture”, said Prashant Kumar CEO of Universal McCann Malaysia and President of IPG Mediabrands Asia Pacific, commenting on the win.
“Malaysian Media Awards is the oldest award for media performance and the only non-profit one run by industry associations. So we are suitably humbled”, he added.
List of wins by Universal McCann:
• Best Use of Television/Cinema Screen, Gold, Dutch Lady
• Best Use of Television/Cinema Screen, Bronze, HyppTV
• Best Use of Branded Content, Silver, Dutch Lady
• Best Use of Digital, Gold, KFC
• Best Use of Performance Marketing, Gold, Dutch Lady
• Best Use of Out of Home/POS Media, Gold, KFC
• Best Use of Activations/Events, Bronze, Microsoft
• Best Use of Small Budget (under RM100, 000) – excludes Digital, Bronze, KFC
• Best Use of Newspapers/Magazines, Gold, KFC
• Best Use of Newspapers, Bronze, Sony Pictures
• Best Use of Integrated Media Campaign, Silver, Dutch Lady